GPSMAP® 942xs Plus Touchscreen GPS/Fishfinder w/ GMR 18XHD Radar Package
ClearVü and Traditional CHIRP Sonar with Mapping
Advanced navigation. Ultimate integration. This compact 9” GPSMAP® 942xsv Plus touchscreen combo features enhanced map drawing and seamlessly integrates into your Garmin marine system for full control of your connected helm. It supports 1 kW CHIRP traditional sonar, ClearVü scanning sonar and Panoptix™ all-seeing sonar, including Panoptix LiveScope™ sonar. Preloaded BlueChart® g3 coastal charts and LakeVü g3 inland maps give you the best of Garmin and Navionics® data and Auto Guidance* technology. Share maps, user data, radar and IP cameras among multiple units using the Garmin Marine Network. NMEA 2000® and NMEA 0183 networking connect you to autopilots, digital switching, weather, media, VHF, AIS and other sensors. Plus, this unit uses ANT® technology to pair with compatible Garmin devices, such as marine watches, transducers, wireless remote controls and more. It also includes built-in Garmin SailAssist™ features, such as laylines, race features, set and drift, wind data and more.
*Auto Guidance is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations
- Bright, sunlight-readable 9” intuitive touchscreen combo with enhanced map drawing
- Built-in 1 kW CHIRP traditional and ClearVü scanning sonar plus CHIRP DownVü scanning sonar (transducers sold separately)
- Supports Panoptix™ all-seeing sonar, including Panoptix LiveScope™ sonar
- J1939 engine connectivity for easy integration with engines, such as Yamaha, and our exclusive OneHelm™ feature for connecting to third-party devices, such as EmpirBus™ digital switching
- Easily build your marine system — from sonar and autopilots to cameras and multimedia — using NMEA 2000® and NMEA 0183 network connectivity and the Garmin Marine Network
- Preloaded BlueChart® g3 coastal charts and LakeVü g3 inland maps with integrated Navionics® data and Auto Guidance1 technology
- Built-in Garmin SailAssist™ features, including laylines, race features, set and drift, wind data and more
Traditional & Scanning Sonars
Get built-in support for 1 kW CHIRP traditional sonar for superior target separation and ClearVü scanning sonar to see up to 1,000’ below your boat at 260 kHz (transducer sold separately).
Panoptix™ Sonar Support
Pair with Panoptix or Panoptix LiveScope™ easy-to-interpret live sonar (transducer sold separately) to see all around your boat in real time.
Experience unparalleled coverage and detail with preloaded BlueChart® g3 coastal charts and LakeVü g3 inland maps featuring integrated Garmin and Navionics® content and Auto Guidance1 technology.
Optional BlueChart® g3 Vision® Charts
Upgrade to our reliable premium charts, which add even more industry leading features, such as high-resolution relief shading, to help you on each trip.
Garmin Marine Network
If you have multiple Garmin devices on your boat, you can share information — such as maps, user data, radar and IP cameras — among them.
NMEA 2000® & NMEA0183 Networks
Connect to autopilots, digital switching, weather, FUSION-Link™ audio system, media, VHF, AIS and more from one screen.
Built-in Wi-Fi® connectivity pairs with the free all-in-one mobile app for access to the OneChart™ feature, smart notifications2, software updates, Garmin Helm, Garmin Quickdraw™ Community data and more.
Integrated ANT® Technology
Connect with some of your favorite devices, such as quatix® marine watches, gWind™ Wireless 2 transducers, GNX™ Wind marine instruments and wireless remote controls.
Now you can connect your chartplotter to different kinds of engines, including Yamaha engines.
This exclusive feature brings together all the operations and capabilities of third-party devices, such as EmpirBus™ digital switching, on one screen.
In The Box
- GPSMAP 942xs Plus chartplotter
- Power cable
- Bail mount with knobs
- Flush mount kit with gasket
- Protective cover
- Trim piece snap covers
1 Auto Guidance is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations
2 When paired with a compatible smartphone
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
GMR 18 xHD
- 4 kW high-definition 18” dome radar
- Pairs ease of use with advanced open-array features
- 48 or 24 RPM rotation speeds for fast screen refreshes, auto adjusts as needed based on range
- 48 Mile max range setting
- No complex user settings, easy to install and start using
Our next-generation, 4 kW high-definition GMR 18 xHD dome radar pairs ease of use with advanced open-array features. Its intuitive operation makes modes and settings simple to understand so you can enjoy great performance without a lot of technical know-how.
The GMR 18 xHD delivers higher resolution than our previous generation 18” dome radars. New Dynamic Auto Gain and Dynamic Sea Filter continually adjust to your surroundings, providing optimal performance in varying conditions. Choose from multiple levels of aggressiveness or use manual gain adjustment. Dual range operation allows fully independent split-screen display of far and close radar views in full 8-bit color (select chartplotters); range of 48 nm. Optional “No Transmit Zone” can protect areas behind the radar from being radiated while providing full forward-looking radar capability. This makes installation more flexible by providing more suitable installation options on your boat.
In The Box:
- GMR 18 xHD
- Mounting hardware kit
- Power cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Network cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Installation instructions
- Mounting template
- Grommet for marine cable
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Cartography Brand: Garmin
- Array Size (Inches): 18"
- Transducer Included: No
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Screen Size: 9"
- Range - Max (Miles): 48nm
- Power - Output: 4kW
- Box Dimensions: 10"H x 9"W x 14"L WT: 36.6 lbs
Owner's Manual (pdf)